For Immediate Release
Contact: Sharon Allen
Director of Marketing
Lionel Sawyer & Collins
Local Businesses receive advice from Lionel Sawyer & Collins
Firm Attorneys presenting a seminar series: Understanding Business Legal Issues
Las Vegas, NV (May 29, 2012) – Lionel Sawyer & Collins, in partnership with the City of Las Vegas, will present a series of seminars to familiarize business owners and entrepreneurs with the legal issues involved with opening their new companies. Starting on June 19, six topics addressing the major legal aspects of business ownership will be offered at no charge to the public.
“As an important member of the Downtown Las Vegas community for over four decades, we are excited about the revitalization efforts occurring not only in our neighborhood, but throughout the Valley, as many people turn to entrepreneurial activities. We are delighted to work with new businesses to help them understand some of the related legal aspects,” said Paul Hejmanowski, Managing Partner of Lionel Sawyer & Collins.
The seminars will take place at the Historic Fifth Street School, from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM and will be conducted by attorneys whose practices focus on the following areas:
- June 19: Business Formation and Tax Laws –Matt Policastro
- July 10: Zoning and Business Licensing –Jennifer Roberts and Jennifer DiMarzio
- July 24: Labor & Employment Legal Requirements –Laura Thalacker
- August 7: Trademarks, Trade Names, Service Marks and E-Commerce –Greg Gemignani
- August 21: Small Claims Court –Rob Hernquist
- September 5: Trust & Estate Planning --Matt Policastro and Rick Cunningham
Seminar attendees will also receive a copy of Doing Business in Nevada, a resource guide written by Lionel Sawyer & Collins (the fourth edition of this publication will be issued shortly).