Contact: Sharon Allen
Director of Marketing
Lionel Sawyer & Collins
Local businesses receive advice from Lionel Sawyer & Collins
Firm Attorneys presenting a free seminar series: Understanding Business Legal Issues
Las Vegas, NV (February 14, 2013) – After a successful summer program, Lionel Sawyer & Collins will be partnering once again with the Economic and Urban Development Department of the City of Las Vegas to present another series of seminars, Understanding Business Legal Issues. Starting on March 5, seven topics addressing the major legal aspects of business ownership will be offered at no charge to the public (including a new seminar on Negotiating Contracts). The weekly program will familiarize business owners and entrepreneurs with the legal issues involved with opening and growing their companies.
“As an important member of the Downtown Las Vegas community for over four decades, we are excited about the revitalization efforts occurring not only in our neighborhood, but throughout the Valley, as many people turn to entrepreneurial activities. We are delighted to work with new businesses to help them understand some of the related legal aspects. We are also very pleased to work with the City of Las Vegas once again, after receiving such a positive response from the earlier series held last summer,” said Paul Hejmanowski, Managing Partner of Lionel Sawyer & Collins.
The seminars will take place at the Historic Fifth Street School, from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM and will be conducted by attorneys whose practices focus on the following areas:
- March 5: Negotiating Contracts--Mohamed Iqbal
- March 12: Business Formation and Tax Laws--Matt Policastro
- March 19: Small Claims Court--Rob Hernquist
- March 26: Trademarks, Trade Names, Service Marks and E-Commerce--Greg Gemignani
- April 2: Zoning and Business Licensing--Jennifer Roberts
- April 9: Labor & Employment Legal Requirements--Laura Thalacker
- April 16: Trust & Estate Planning--Matt Policastro, Greg Carlson and Var Lordahl
Seminar attendees will also receive a copy of the recently–issued 4th edition of Doing Business in Nevada, a resource guide written by Lionel Sawyer & Collins.