Litigation, Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights, Probate, Guardianship
Courtney Miller O'Mara is an associate with the Litigation Department of Lionel Sawyer & Collins. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. O'Mara was law clerk to The Honorable Robert A. McQuaid, Jr., U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada. She has worked as a Certified Law Student (legal internship) for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, as a summer associate for a San Diego law firm, and as a judicial extern to The Honorable Justice Michael Nott, California Court of Appeal, District Two, Division Two. Ms. O'Mara also taught sixth grade as a full-time Americorps Volunteer at a private, all-scholarship school in the Barrio Logan area of San Diego.
In 2010, Mountain States Super Lawyers named Ms. O’Mara a "Rising Star" in the fields of General Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, chosen as the top 2.5 percent of young attorneys in her jurisdiction. She was named to Nevada Business magazine's Legal Elite 2011 as one of Northern Nevada's top 35 attorneys.
- "Reflections on Protecting Conscience for Health Care Providers," 15 S. CAL. REV.L.& SOCIAL JUSTICE 327.
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Social Chair, Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Northern Nevada Women Lawyer's Association
- Past President, Notre Dame Club of Northern Nevada (2007-2010)
- Associate Member, Bruce R. Thompson Chapter, American Inns of Court, 2010 and 2006-2008
- Rising Star 2010 - General Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Legal Elite 2011- Northern Nevada's Top 35 Attorneys, Nevada Business
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 2006
- Production Editor, Review of Law and Social Justice
- Certified Law Student, USC Domestic Violence Clinic
- USC Law School Scholarship, 2003-2006
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Program of Liberal Studies, (Minor: Hesburgh Program in Public Service), magna cum laude, 2002
- Dean's List
- D.J. Benardis Memorial Scholarship, 1998
- Gary Lyman Intern, 2001
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of California (inactive)